View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 12:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Snoopy, that must have been a nightmare! Thank goodness we haven't had any violence, although she and her sister bicker constantly. She lies convincingly right to your face though, even when the evidence is clear. And takes things to her room without asking, odd things you don't realize are missing til you see them in there. She also goes through the contents of all the cabinets and closets - she probably knows the location of everything in the house better than dh and I!

Good to know I'm not the only one that has a child that went through the whole sock/shoe/clothing bit (well, we still go through the clothing bit - she almost never wears jeans, too scratchy), at the same time I offer my sympathy! That reminds me I need to hide away her flip flops - it's getting quite chilly and she still wants to wear them to school.

I WILL talk to my therapist about an appropriate counselor, and possible low-cost testing available.

Thanks everyone, you've been so helpful and shared so much. Kimmie, it's great to get some insight on how SHE likely feels when these problems blow up! Like I said, we have been able to mostly get along til the last couple years when I've been less able to function, and she's gotten older. But the kind of misbehavior a preschooler/early elementary age child typically gets into are mostly a lot less scary than what a pre-teen/teenager looking for trouble will find - and I HAVE to get a handle on her now if I'm going to protect her from those kinds of things.

beth
beth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote