View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 12:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Snoodles,

I can fully empathize with your situation. Working and not working is a big decision. Can your employer place you in a less (potential damaging) position that you would do well?

Neuro's are really skeptical about placing someone on a disability road unless there is substantial medical/clinical proof of such. I would request a referral to a neuropsych for a full mental eval. Not to be confused with a psych profile, this is clinical in nature and last about four to six hours of mental challenges of all sorts.

As an example in my case, I was referred for a neuropsych eval because of all the cognitive challenges I was experiencing. After and exhaustive testing session the neuropsych came in and we discussed the results. She concluded that I did very well for a 78 year old. This was a good indication of how badly I did on the eval as I was only 52 at the time. Get it?

Some clinical proof of this along with your physical condition could be enough for your PCP and neuro to support you in filing for disability. Check with your company HR person to verify you have short term and long term disability that would also support you financially while waiting for SSDI.

Just some thoughts based on my experience.

Dx'd 12/00 w/RRMS
Dx'd 05/01 w/SPMS
03/05 Rescinded MS Dx Neuro thinks something else
03/06 New Dx of Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia (HSP)
Rare deteriorating motor neuron disease. No cure. No Treatments.
Only 20,000 Dx'd patients in US
HSPCraig is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote