View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 12:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Craig and Cherie for helping me out.

I have had 2 Rheumies after the MS doc and his PA before that thought that my "newest" symptom, this terrible pain about the size of a quarter in my upper arm was Fibromyalgia.

By the time they checked me I had all the pressure points for Fibro.. so I took myself to a Rheumy. Yes EVERYTHING else was ruled out by MS doc and by this Rheumy except for HLA-B27. My labs didnt match up for my other symptoms of very dry eyes and mouth. But she gave me Rx eye drops, a GREAT pill that creates saliva ( a life saver) and 2 auto immune fighting drugs. One was too severe, Methotrexate, but stayed on Rx Plaquenil.

Rheymy no 1 leaves her practice, so Rhuemy no 2 who says my labs dont fit her DX of differential Sjogren's, a mimic of MS. AND it causes lesions. i have plenty of lesions.

So he takes me off the meds and my muscles ae now worse. i have Baclofen and Lyrica which I take for spasticity and spasms in my back but try to take it ONLY at night. I need to be as alert as possible for job. My MS neuro WILL treat symptoms .. he's just not sure if I still have a mild case of MS.

Now I think the meds the 1st Rheumy had me on was helping my muscle pain.

Oh well, who the heck knows. ITs prob the Fibro AND spasticity...tho BOTH Rheumies didnt think I had that.

WHat an absolute guessing game!!! So much for my 2008 goal of eliminating as many docs as I can and their meds if possible

Thanks tho

Jan
Jan4you is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote