View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 01:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Having an illness and a house full of children and responsibilities does kind of suck a lot of interest out of a person! The Ms fatigue, vibrations, pain, discomfort......When my head hits the pillow I am OUT. I could stay in bed and sleep all day if someone would let me. Not to mention side effects from several medications I am on.

Yes, I do notice other things going on at the same time. When I had my first bout of ON last May I noticed a huge change in how my entire body felt. I had a lot of odd sensations. I think the heat of the summer made things worse. I started to improve and then I had another bout of ON and then my dx.

The Avonex is really making my life difficult right now because of the side effects. I have about 3 good days during the week. The rest of the week I am dealing with side effects.

I hope things start to settle down once I get used to the Avonex. I just took my 4th injection this week. The stress and busyness of my life sucks the interest right out of me. The lack of sensation makes it even worse.

I do have hope this will pass again like it did before. Thankfully there is not total numbness.

I do have bladder issues. Bowels issues also. I have spent the last 5 year of my life adjusting my diet, losing weight, making changes here and there trying to deal with my bowel issues. I was determined to figure out why I was not feeling well and fix it. I have times where I could not imagine having to live another 30+ years feeling the way I do. My body is not well.. I have a dx of IBS after going through some testing to see what was wrong. My doctor actually thought I had Chrons and then possibly Celiac.

Then there are the hormone changes I am sure I am starting to experence being I am about 6 days away from my 45th birthday. No wonder Ms is so hard to DX!!

He first mentioned the possibility of MS back when I was going through the tests for these other problems. He was hoping one of these two would show up because they are a little easier to dx than MS in certian situations.

So, anyway. It all has to be tied together....I think.

LA

LA, I think sexual dysfunction is fairly common with MS, but not as much for the reasons I am experiencing. Fatigue, pain (in all areas), energy, dryness, moods, etc. . . . might all contribute to a lack of interest too. I think that perhaps the longer we have this disease, the more likely we could be to face these issues, although that is probably the luck of the draw too. My very first "known" attack included this paralysis and pain, and I was in my prime (age 31) at the time. It's been an intermittent problem for quite a while.

Do you notice other symptoms at the same time as the numbness there? It may be that those are times that you are going through an attack.
Started Avonex February 22 2008 (still progressing)
July 2009 started Betaseron.....

"Don't argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference."

Last edited by slskckjebw; 03-16-2008 at 01:24 PM. Reason: I had to edit a million times due to mistakes!
slskckjebw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote