Thread: Fancy pants
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 03:49 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Fancy pants

I went and did it. Resorted to doggy diapers.

I'd post a pic, but I don't want to humiate him that much, lol.

Rudy is the best dog ever, mostly.

He's a pound puppy, and this is his issue - he is house trained. Then he has some anxiety issue, or trauma flashback, and he starts marking again.

sigh...

i've tried everything. I crated. It worked, then he started making again.

Tried shainkg a can full of pennies at him. It worked, then he had some anxiety thing, and peed all over again.

Tried the squirt bottle thing, tried on-leash.

It all works for a few weeks. The he starts up again. We've had him 1.5 years, and he's about 4. I don't know what else to do with him, but I cannot live with pee all over.

I don't even know how he sneaks away from me to do it. I'm here all day with him, and if I even go outside for a minute without him, I lock the dogs in the kitchen. They get locked up at night too. I have training vidoes athat we work with, but nothing sticks. He can do anything else I teach him - he's really bright and loves to learn.

And he goes out all the time, when ever he or Ozzy yaps to go.

When we got Ozzy he was 9 weeks old. When he was about 6 months, he started doing what males do, claining his territory and marking. I did all these things with him too, and cleaned the whole house up each time.

Finally, one day in a diaper, and he knew I was serious. He never made potty in my house again.

So wish us luck. Hopefully, Rudy will get it too.

At least he can't weewee for a while till I clean up. I used two bottles of urine remover so far.

Doody (03-16-2008)