View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkybird
Aren't hatch days wonderful??? Being a mommy of a parrot myself, we always try to give him something special on his birthday, which in OUR case happens to be New Yrs Day! LOL Our Corky turned 14 this past January, and still got lots of spunk and yrs in him. I just wish they'd come up with birdy vaccum cleaners for moulting time (as he's going thru right now)!!! LOL Then of COURSE you know they'd be trainable to teach them how to suck up their OWN feathers from the cage area...ha ha, wouldn't that be a site!

Anyways, best of hatchdays to you and your little ones...

Marilyn
They're so smart, you probably could teach them. Jake will toss stuff out of his cage when I'm cleaning it - he likes to help do that and smooth out the fresh corn cob.

But he still gets bummed when he loses a tail feather. I have to acknowledge his loss.

"Yeah, I know Murph. It's so pretty, what a shame. But hey, you'll grow more, right? Can we throw it away now? okay. Bye bye feather."

I really want a Roomba and a Scooba (vacuum and mopping robots) for their room. They'd love those. I can see Jesse riding around on them.