View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 12:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeriemates View Post
I've been just following the package directions and ending up with a great loaf every time. (We've eaten our way through about 5 loaves so far.) For the liquid I've used rice milk, either Pacific or Whole Foods brand. The instructions say to use something like 2 extra large eggs and one eggwhite; I've been putting in 3 regular-sized eggs instead. I dump everything into a bowl, stir it with a wooden spoon (but not toooo much stirring, since the instructions say not to overmix), dump it into a greased non-stick loaf pan and bake it for the amount of time that it says on the package. No special techniques needed.

Do you remember which color package you had? We've been using the one with the light blue label -- this one:
http://www.glutenevolution.com/products.html#yeastfree

-Valerie
Thanks Valerie, I can't remember what the package looked like. It was when they first brought out the yeast free bread and was still called Manna from Anna. I tested strongly positive to egg whites through both York and Enterolab and although I don't seem to have a reaction when I do eat them, I have eliminated them for the time being. Guess I will pass on the bread for now.

Anne
annelb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote