View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 06:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_express_44 View Post
Well the good news is that this test is much more sensitive, so it has picked up on damage that a regular EMG might not have otherwise. This gives you some amunition (and confidence?) to perhaps pursue this further with the doctor.

The bad news is that it might not be replicated with the other tests that we would normally undergo with MS.

It is probably worth mentioning to your doc though, once you find out what the "severe nerve damage" is. To explain it clearly to the doc, you would need to know how the tester came to the conclusion that he did, i.e. did he say that no messages were getting through at all, or

Cherie

I read that this test wasn't used as a DX tool but it might be down the road. Well I see the chiropractor on Tuesday and based on what he says I'll see about following up with a new Dr.

No they (the tester) didn't explain much to me at the time, just that most of the points (than she showed me on the computer screen) was showing severe never damage. She did say it could really be a number of things and it might not be an awful thing at all, after all the spine and brain MRI was clear. One of the testers that was there was telling us about some thing that mimics MS a lot (I don't remember the name) and that they see it a lot after someone has been to a neuro and they ended up ruling out MS.

So I'll let everyone know what the Dr says on Tuesday.

DX with Fibromyalgia, 1998
DX with MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity), June 2008
DX with Food Allergies, wheat, sesame, fresh pineapple

momXseven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote