View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 07:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi all, me and the girls are home now and Nina is at the emergency clinic hooked up to an IV and will be under constant observation the whole night. We took her blankie and babies in and tucked her in with a hundred kisses. I don't know what possessed me to go "back in the back of the clinic" again. We passed a dog on a blanket completely shaven with a huge HUGE black patch on his back oozing blood and green. I had to stay focused and go to Nina. I remember when my Prince (himilayan) died 5 years ago tomorrow and sitting "back there" holding him while right next to us was a retriever screaming in pain. I was crying for the retriever, not my ailing cat. I had to know why they just let her lay there screaming and wouldn't help her and asked the tech. They said they were just waiting for the owners to show up so they could put her down. Numb, we left and I never forgot it. You ever think about what is going on in their minds when they are trembling when they enter a clinic? They must think that they are scientific experiments and their owner just deserts them during that time. I remember when my lab stood up on his hind legs and pushed the lobby door open and bolted and I still made him go "back in". Chip died 4 years ago March 30. I shudder as I type this. What are those sweet little souls thinking when we are just trying to do whats best? I believe animals have a soul, just not a voice. Out of a family of 8, there are only 4 left, and so we continue to battle for Nina.
nohope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote