View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 10:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Lucy

Good evening Lynlee Good to see you back on line.

How's your rock garden doing ? I saw some really cool ones today and hope to take a trip up north next week to look at some rocks? They are so cool.

Flying I don't know, as I haven't been on a plane since I was hurt. I'm a little concerned about flying right now and I need to take a trip down south in the next few months, but I am concerned about flying right now, need to do some research on this before I go.

I do know that I will be traveling very light 1 lap top and 1 small back pack 20 lbs max.

I learned a trick from a friend in regards to traveling and that is to mail your stuff first and then mail it back to yourself when you want to return, so I think thats what I'm going to do on this next trip.

I'm making progress Lynlee and with each day I have a little more peace. It's OK to be disabled and I just have to accept the fact that the person I was before the injuries may not be coming back, and that is OK today.

The important thing is the quality of my life to day and I'm thankful that I can learn to live life with this invisible disability. I just do things a little slower and I have to rest more and I have to manage my affairs differently and sometime I have to go ask for help when I get confused or if I'm unable to solve a problem and that's OK today.

I like the idea of you becoming an ADVOCATE for those who suffer from TBI/PCS and I think you would be very good at this type work, as this is one of the issues for people who suffer this type of disorders.

I hope you are enjoying your time off work.

Peace jeffn
jeffn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote