Thread: Tysabri Talk
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 11:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msladyinca View Post
Hi CJohnson,

Thank you so much for your comment...I don't post here very often as I never really received a very warm welcome nor much support with my Tysabri infusions as I was one of the first MS patients back on Tysabri therapy in 2006. Furthermore, much misinformation about Tysabri is posted on this site. Perhaps you will receive a better and more supportive reception here than I ever did.

I actually post on many other MS sites elsewhere on the web, where I am supported in my choice of therapy, and I support others with their choice of therapy. I am also co-owner of a MS Support Group on a different site. Don't get me wrong though, there are a few members here that are very nice and supportive.

In answer to your question, Tysabri has kept my MS stable and I have not had a relapse nor any disease progression in over 17 months. I am scheduled for my 19th Tysabri infusion next week, and I am looking forward to it very much. (Wooohooo!) I don't have any side effects whatsoever from Tysabri, and I love the convenience of an infusion once every 28 days.

Tysabri's superior efficacy of 67% in preventing further relapses, their accumulating disabilities, and slowing the disease process down far outweighs the efficacy of Copaxone which is 29%, plus you have to inject yourself daily with Copaxone and it takes approximately 6 months to a year for Copaxone to start working in the body, that's if it does work for you. To be fair, Copaxone does work great for some people. It didn't work for me though, nor did Avonex (which is an interferon [beta-1a], much like Betaseron is [beta-1b]).

Tysabri started working for me approximately 2 weeks after my very first infusion, and gives me hope for improvements each time I have been infusion.

Please feel free to visit my blog, which is also my Tysabri Diary... also, please feel free to contact me directly if you would like further Tysabri information which is accurate.

I support you in whichever medication you choose to fight your MS. Good luck to you, and all my best...

Lauren

Hi Lauren,

If I'm not mistaken, you're from that "other" MS board??!! Welcome to NT.

Did I read this right? Have you had 19 infusions??? Glad to hear things are going well for you.
Feb./Dec. 2004 - Optic Neuritis
Dec. 17,2004 - Diagnosed RRMS
Feb. 9, 2005 - First Rebif injection
Mar. 7, 2006 - "Copaxonator"
------------------------------------------
Victorya is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote