Thread: cure?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 08:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Just the facts . . .

Neil
I am sure you have figured this one out - America is a litigious society. I once said that we would already have a cure for PD had it not been for the fouro-letter word that haunts all trials -"tort." I am not being critical of or negating our legal rights, but in the US we have gone too far.

By all means ProSavin is being developed by sponsors in a very professional manner. Your point is a good one that we (the PD community) should be hounding the FDA for more research for PD. I'm just not so sure the FDA is the right tree we should be barking up. In their defense, they are critically underfunded and understaffed. When you consider that they are in charge of regulating everything on the market from dogfood to the most sophisticated surgical equipment, it's no wonder it takes 15 years to get a drug approved.

You can give us a good assessment; from your perspective what is needed the most? Change the way drugs are approved or change the FDA? Which would be easier (faster) to do? I get so frustrated working with an antiquated system of drug approval with the one responsible already overworked three-fold times. It's like giving a life-changing possibility to the busiest organization in the world. No matter how good it is, nothing is going to happen anytime soon.

Time is of the essence. Maybe its time to picket the government? Ii don't know; I just know I am getting impatient and am not cured.

Frustrated
Peg
pegleg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote