View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 09:17 AM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Heart

((Alffe))

I don't know the circumstances surrounding your grandson's death. I'm so sorry this happened to you. I worked in pediatrics for over ten years, then left to work for the president of a turkey company. I got into an argument with my corporate boss one day over making mistakes. Mistakes made there only cost money - mistakes where I used to work would cost LIVES.

Over the years at the hospital I was aware of some tragic mistakes that were made. One in particular was an overworked nurse in the nursery. Her "crime" was using the wrong electrical outlet (voltage was too high and it killed the baby). It was a split-second decision during a chaotic moment at work. How many people who have jobs have ever been in that position (overloaded and rushed) and made a "mistake?"

I am NOT justifying that nurse's actions. However, we all knew her very well. We knew how much she LOVED her job and those babies. She had grandchildren of her own, and she treated them all as if they were her own grandchildren. She was a great nurse, but due to cutbacks they were ALL overworked and forced to rush through their work. She was portrayed in the media as a "murderer." Her "mistake" caused her to have a total breakdown, lose her job and home, and I doubt she's ever forgiven herself for what she did to that family.

Whatever may have happened to your grandson, I'm quite certain those responsible continue to feel remorse for their actions. I hope one day you'll be able to let go of the anger and forgive them.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (03-17-2008), lou_lou (03-17-2008)