View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 01:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Beth,

I sure can relate to your post. I, too, have nerve pain in my cervical spine. It's caused from herniations and the growth of bone spurs. The pain is excruciating to say the least. Earlier this year, my OSS prescribed 150 mg of Lyrica. My OSS is pretty sharp and I trust him completely. I've tried everything to rid myself of this awful pain. After the first week, the nerve pain was completely gone. I was thrilled beyond being thrilled.

When I first started taking Lyrica, I don't recall reading anything about individuals with heart conditions should not take Lyrica. I do recall reading about the weight gain. Since mid-April of this year, I've gained 40+ pounds while being on Lyrica. That alone was not enough to convince me to stop taking the drug. However, I have a heart condition and I should not be taking Lyrica. After speaking with my primary care doctor and my rheumotologist, I have weaned myself off of Lyrica.

Like you, I am a 5'4" tall and ordinarily weigh about 130 lbs. I'm starting to lose the weight. The nerve pain is present, but not nearly as bad as it was pre-Lyrica. I'm keeping my fingers crossed the Lyrica has calmed the nerves and maybe it won't return. I've only been off the Lyrica for about a month so only time will tell.

Lyrica was truly a Godsend for me, but the weight gain and heart condition prevent me for continuing its use.
always-aching is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote