View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 09:52 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink suggestion...

I'd start slowly with the r-lipoic...

I had used alpha lipoic in the past with no effect whatsoever.. NOW brand which is very good. So I think the quality was good. I took 600mg daily for about 2 months, and gave up. It was expensive and I expected "something".

So when I started r-lipoic a few weeks ago, I started at 100mg twice a day,
and that was a huge mistake. Boy did get hyped up and insomniac!

So I cut them in half (I bought tablet form), and only took 50mg in the morning.
After about 2 weeks, I noticed no hyper side effects and increased to 100mg
first thing in the morning. I really like the energy it is giving me, and food cravings (carbs) have plummeted for me.

So I would start slowly.

I have different feelings in my feet too. I think the numbness is getting better.
Some mild aching has developed, which I think is nerves waking up. I've had to put some patches on at night a few times. (I use Salonpas for aching, and Lidoderm rarely for burning).

I am also doing Benfotiamine--and find I have much less water retention than I did. I am not getting response from Lasix anymore! I did not expect that.
So I think this is the benfotiamine doing that, but it may be helped by the
r-lipoic. I've noticed less reactive hypoglycemia as well. So I think the r-lipoic is working like the old metformin did for me in the past --for improving
insulin resistance.

Post here, your results...I think you may be pleased as well.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote