View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 10:56 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I don't recall your history, but the explanation of your first "real" attack is not in keeping with a "normal" first attack of MS. The combination of double vision, dizziness, and severe breathing problems sounds very, very serious . . . but it just does not smack of the first indication one could have of MS.

If the breathing problems were because of MS, that would be combined with some other tell-tale symptoms. Breathing difficulty is not normally a stand alone symptom, without significant spinal problems combined.

If that was MS, I think your explanation of what happened is BY FAR the worst experience I've ever heard of with all my years on the forums.

The second episode you've described, does sound much more like what we might experience in an attack, but most often this would last for several weeks to months.

Your description is extreme and excessive to how most would describe their psuedo exacerbations. Normally a psuedo exacerbation would include ONE or TWO fluctuating symptoms (fatigue, patches of numbness, etc) which will go away as soon as the stressor is removed (and definitely within 24 hrs). Psuedo exacerbations do NOT include any NEW presenting symptoms as it is not true disease activity or progression occuring.

I would hate to see you thinking this is "normal" MS-type stuff going on ... it is NOT. Your health problems seem very serious to me and I would not be satisfied with the medical community brushing me off as it seems they have done. It may very well be psychological, BUT have they done EVERY test there is to rule everything else out; MRI's, lung tests, heart tests, etc.?

Cherie