View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 12:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Joe this is what they are talkiing about from what I understand.
Rules for work needed for the “recent work test”
If you become disabled... Then you generally need:
In or before the quarter you turn age 24 1.5 years of work during the three-year period ending with the quarter your disability began.
In the quarter after you turn age 24 but before the quarter you turn age 31 Work during half the time for the period beginning with the quarter after you turned 21 and ending with the quarter you became disabled.
Example: If you become disabled in the quarter you turned age 27, then you would need three years of work out of the 6-year period ending with the quarter you became disabled.
In the quarter you turn age 31 or later Work during 5 years out of the 10-year period ending with the quarter your disability began.

Now with that said.. I went and talked to some people about doing vocational rehab. They thought that would work for me . So I made an appt a couple weeks ago and had my first appt today with the BVR . Basically all we did was sign papers to release medical records so they can verify my disabilities and then we will meet again to make a plan of action. I am nervous about this .. but yet very excited to be in the process of contributing financially to my marraige again. I've come a long way in the past few months with my depression . And although I still have the physical pain and problems... I think this will be worth the try to help boost my sense of self worth I hope this will work out .

Thanks for the help here everyone. I really have appreciated it. If anything its been a learning experience for me. So it wasnt a waste of time I dont think.

Sweet Sunshine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote