View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 01:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question not MS? : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_express_44 View Post
I don't recall your history, but the explanation of your first "real" attack is not in keeping with a "normal" first attack of MS. The combination of double vision, dizziness, and severe breathing problems sounds very, very serious . . . but it just does not smack of the first indication one could have of MS.

If the breathing problems were because of MS, that would be combined with some other tell-tale symptoms. Breathing difficulty is not normally a stand alone symptom, without significant spinal problems combined.

If that was MS, I think your explanation of what happened is BY FAR the worst experience I've ever heard of with all my years on the forums.

The second episode you've described, does sound much more like what we might experience in an attack, but most often this would last for several weeks to months.

Your description is extreme and excessive to how most would describe their psuedo exacerbations. Normally a psuedo exacerbation would include ONE or TWO fluctuating symptoms (fatigue, patches of numbness, etc) which will go away as soon as the stressor is removed (and definitely within 24 hrs). Psuedo exacerbations do NOT include any NEW presenting symptoms as it is not true disease activity or progression occuring.

I would hate to see you thinking this is "normal" MS-type stuff going on ... it is NOT. Your health problems seem very serious to me and I would not be satisfied with the medical community brushing me off as it seems they have done. It may very well be psychological, BUT have they done EVERY test there is to rule everything else out; MRI's, lung tests, heart tests, etc.?

Cherie
thanks for the feedback. I really don't know what it is, but i wanted to post it here first, b/c I'm still trying to figure out what is going on, (aka am i crazy or is this real?) I'm not saying is MS, i just was wondering does it fit with MS, I guess not (which is a good thing to know).

I wanted to get forum feedback b/c I didn't want my neuro to have more fodder to think I was just making it up. I don't know how to describe it. One complicating factor was high doses of a medicine that i should not have been on for a disease that they thought i had but when finally tested for it turned out that i didn't have! I was comming off the medicine during the past few weeks and i had previously been on high doses of it so it is hard to tell what was causing things.

Hopefully for me, the sx will even out now that i have gotten off of that medicine. To be honest I'm still in guessing mode as to why i was in the hospital. I have so little clear memories of things b/c of the extreme stress that I'm just kinda feeling around in the dark.

I guess the best thing to do would be to get the MRI, see where that goes. and then just see what happens now that my eyes have stabilized and i am off the meds that I don't need. If i have any more flare ups then go back to the neuro, otherwise i guess i just won't worry about it and try to go on with life.

If you were happy everyday of your life you wouldn't be a human being, you'd be a gameshow host! ~ Gabriel Heatter

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. ~ Charlie Brown

When life gives you a ton of lemons, go grab some sugar! It makes the lemonade taste better! - Rachael
bobcatsrule is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote