View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 06:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Today was not a good day for me. At 8:30 a.m., I received a call from the dental school that the dentist had called in sick and my appointment would have to be rescheduled.

Why was this so bad, you ask, it happens all the time. After my previously described appointments, my daughter decided to help me, so she emailed the department head, described my concerns and asked to meet with him. We were given the appointment this morning.

. My daughter teaches school, so she had to get a substitute for today. By the time they called, it was too late to cancel. She lost a day at work.

. I'd had about 5 hours sleep. It's difficult for me to unbend and move in the mornings, so I set the clock early - then can't sleep for worrying that I won't hear it ring. Ridiculous, I know, but it's a lifetime problem, and, in spite of it, I've always managed to be on time for whatever. I'm 77 years old now, and the payback is harder each day that I have to push.

. I was all dressed up with nowhere to go! The drive takes about 2 hours each way, so I was ready to leave when the call came.

. The receptionist hasn't called back to reschedule. Their office closed 2 hours ago.

. This is more of the same treatment I've already described, and it's all been with the pros department. Would it do any good to discuss this with the head of the dental school or the president of the medical university under which it operates?

I know no one can give me any answers, but thanks for letting me vent!

Jon
jon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote