View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 11:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Oral surgery belong here?

I drank drano when I was 3, had false teeth by 5.

My mom told me the dentist used to slap me when I cried. So my first experience with a dentist wasn't so good. That was 1948.

I had other bad experiences in 1975 when an Air Force dentist in Madrid Spain asked me if I wanted an injection for pain while he was drilling into my front teeth. He gave me a shot, but left an air pocket under that filling. We left for the USA the next day and I had an excruciating flight home. We were the crew, so I had to go.

Since then things have been "ok".

Now my drano is catching up with me. 3 sections of my teeth will fall over sideways in the next couple of years. I was told to get this surgery ten years ago, but hoped something might "fix it".

I was told the oral surgeon, I forget his specialty, will scrape the roof of my mouth, then put the skin over the roots of my teeth.
I didn't say that very well, but I am hoping someone here has had it done and knows how well it works.

No one here seems to know how long it might be before I need another 3 surgeries. I think he will cover a total of ten teeth, or at least the roots. I am already on morphine for pain, but this is a different type of pain.

Anyone here have that kind of surgery? I was told the pain was like when you scrape the roof of your mouth, and it only lasts a few days. Anyone know?