View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 12:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

nohope,

I have just spent hours on the net searching for information on flaxseed oil overdoses and flaxseed oil and dogs. I cannot find anything that would indicate that it is not okay to give dogs flaxseed oil. On the contrary, I did find several articles that discussed the benefits of flaxseed oil for dogs and a couple of articles that state that dogs were cured of cancer with the administration of flaxseed oil.

In addition, I can't figure out why you think you have overdosed yourself? Are you drinking a bottle a day? I don't understand. I have taken up to 9 tablespoons a day without negative side-effects. Dr. Budwig gives her patients that are hours away from death far more than I have ever taken and much to the amazement of the medical community, they are alive and well today.

There are not any case studies that show negative side-effects related to the consumtion of flaxseed oil. I cannot find anything that states that anyone, anywhere, has ever had an allergic reaction to flaxseed oil.

Sweetie, I think you are being too hard on yourself. Whatever is wrong with Nina, I do not believe has anything to do with the flaxseed oil. I do not believe you are responsible. Has the doctor done tests... bone scans, ct scans, mri's to see if the cancer has spread to her bones or organs? It could very well be that this is the case. At any rate, I don't think you should blame yourself.

The same for you. I can't find anything anywhere that shows that a human has had a bad reaction to the flaxseed. The only thing I know is personal experience with my mom who has a malabsorption problem so can't digest the flaxseed oil. Otherwise, nothing anywhere.

You may just have a flu bug. It may just be bad timing.

What about food poisoning? Did you say that you and Nina went to a hamburger stand the other day? Is that when the vomiting started? What do you think?

Please, do a search on the net. See for yourself the positive things that are being said about giving humans and canines flaxseed oil.

Give yourself a big hug. You've done everything you can for your baby.
~Pansy~ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (03-18-2008), Doody (03-18-2008), mrsD (03-18-2008), nohope (03-18-2008)