View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 02:53 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Alan Had An Accident This Morning!!!

Oh Well, I knew this was too good to be true!!

He goes to the gym 3 or 4 times a week, exercises his brains out, lifts weights up to the kazoo, is on his way to getting a new body!!!!

and then.......

He's about to go on a job interview when he misses a curb and goes flying and lands on his upper back. Said, he couldn't feel the curb!!!

This happened at about 7:45 a.m. this morning. I was still sleeping and this fall happened around the corner from our home.

He came home to clean himself up. Do you think he would wake me up and tell me "I had an accident"!!!!?

God Forbid!!!!. He goes back out and goes into NYC for the job interview. Turns out the Security Guard Firm that he thought was a Security Guard Firm was nothing more than an employment agency that took a $169 processing fee and sent him on wild good chases to different companies only to be told "no, we only take applications online". Give me a break!!!

so he calls me and says "I had an accident'. I said "what!!!!" Then I find out he came home right after the accident and because I was sleeping and I once told him "don't wake me up under penalty of death", he thought he would go back out. After practically killing him for his thinking process, I rubbed him all over with Tiger Balm and he's resting on the recliner.

I bet tomorrow he'll be black and blue like crazy. I checked, no broken anything (he would be screaming, right? He's just sore as hell!!!!

Oh, I have an important question for all you knowledgable people out there.

There is a procedure done by surgeons:

Here's the link to that site...

http://www.spineonline.com/

Alan had gone online and watched the video. I was intrigued so I made the phone call. Seems all the surgeons are in the West coast because the East Coast surgeons are more conservative.

I read the doctor at the other end of the line, Alan's mri report. As soon as I read the line that said: "L3/4 and L4/5 disc bulges causing small ventral impression upon the thecal sac and partially compromising the adjacent neural foramina bilaterally, he stopped me and said the following:

"From what you just read to me, Alan's problem is quite fixable, since we go through the Foramina".

So naturally we got all excited and we said "Do they do this surgery in NYC? and he said "we come to NY to do this on people". This guy, (Darren) was very very nice and informative.

I put Alan on and Alan told him he had insurance and Darren said "You will have to go through something called a Point of Service where you have to go outside your network. They cover this on special ocasions."

Then Alan told him he was on a Medicare HMO. The guy said sadly. "We don't take any medicare HMO's, and I doubt there is a medicare HMO that will approve this surgery because most of the surgeons who do this are on the West coast. I then asked "how much does this surgery cost and he said $25,000.

I asked him "what if I went online and tried to find a surgeon in NY that does this"? He responded (and he was most sincere).

Melody, when you speak to any surgeon make sure you ask them the following: "Does the operation involve taking any of the bone, or Lamina? There should be no lamina to be removed!!! The surgeon should not say to you "oh, perhaps we might take a little of the bone". Darren said "Melody, we don't touch the bone. Not even a little bit. Make sure you get that absolutely straight if you talk to any surgeon"

So, my dear friends on these boards, if any of you can check out this website and tell me if you have heard of this non-invasive surgery, (and if any of you have an extra $25,000 lying around you might want to do this for yourself).

It seems on the website, it tells you if you are a candidate or not!!!

So any comments are welcome.

I am now going to go and kill Alan for not waking me up this morning!!!

MEN!!!!!!!!!

mel
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote