View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 03:08 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I agree that this very valuable information, and I too would like to see it readily available to the members in a sticky.

I would suggest that it is unlikely that your source actually "wrote" the majority of this, and as I have done with much of my notes, s/he probably pieced together information from a number of reliable sources. (Feel free to correct me if I am wrong though!).

Then the question becomes, are we infringing upon copyright protection by not providing the source(s) of this research information? I guess that consideration depends a lot on how much is, or almost is, word for word?

When I googled some of the sentences, I got hits. There were a few words changed around, and not all on one website, but it's out there in pieces.

I've always struggled with this, personally, as I have been on the receiving end of decisions to delete my information because parts of it were "too close" to copyright infringement.

Anyway, either way I can't make a decision about this for our board in isolation of the mod team . . . but I would be more than happy to present it for their input and final resolution.

As for the other point, about things being 100% correct, I'm not so sure anyone could claim this . . . not even scientists/medical professionals. As with all the information we are exposed to though, I think we all appreciate that there are no "absolutes", yet.

I really do appreciate you posting this, and for asking the question to have this available for everyone, Snoopy. I'll present this for further discussion, if there are no sources available.

Cherie