View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 07:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Can't work anymore!!!!???? (long, sorry)

Hi all!!

I haven't been posting much because I am soo exhausted. I feel like I might not make much sense .

Last week I saw my neuro. Some of you might remember that I was having major issues with him at a previous appointment. He was not acting like himself, to say the least .

When I saw him last he was back to his old self , great!!!!! He gave me some news that I wasn't expecting but should've been, in retrospect.

My last relapse began at the end of November. This whole time I've been thinking that I was still in this relapse even though I have seen a lot of improvement. My cognitive abilities are truly lacking. I still walk with a cane and have to use a scooter or a wheel chair for long trips.

My job involves payroll and a lot of other duties that require me to be on top of my game. I have to decipher time sheets that are handwritten by electrical linemen. Let me tell ya, these guys are not good with keeping proper records so I have to correct and catch all of their mistakes. I can't do that anymore. I can't even catch my own mistakes. I've already read through this three times to check for errors !

My neuro told me that he thinks I've reached a plateau in my recovery . I hope the Tysabri works some kind of miracle. I was really deluding myself thinking that I would be able to go back to my job. There is no part-time or flex- time available to me. I work for a utility company and am a union employee. There is no flexibility in my job. There are no positions that I can transfer to.

I've had to apply for long term disability. I know that I'm very fortunate to have it. It will cover me until I am 65 at 60% of my pay. I'm just having a hard time dealing with my mom and this at the same time.

On a bright note, I called my LTD case manager because I had some questions about the application process. She told me not to worry; she had already approved me without my application???!! She has MS too!! She had read through all of my records from the short term disablity claim that I have now and decided to approve me right away!

I know I should feel lucky but somehow I don't. I haven't even been diagnosed for a year yet!! Too much all at once. Wah, wah poor me, LOL. Anybody else have to stop working recently? I feel really useless right now with my mom and everything else. I'm sure I'll find ways to fill my time (volunteering, ie) but I won't be working and that really bothers me.

Jodylee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Friend2U (03-19-2008), Kitty (03-18-2008), SandyC (03-18-2008), Twinkletoes (03-19-2008)