View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Joelle

This is a big change for you - and you've had to deal with so many changes lately some of them not so pleasant. You enjoyed your job and the social aspect of it so it's understandable to "grieve" some for what's been taken away.

Try to look at it as a blessing in disguise. This gives you more time to devote to yourself and your family without exhausting yourself. Plus, you're SO very fortunate to be able to go on Tim's insurance. My biggest fear in having to go on LTD was the fact that I would lose my insurance. Example: I had my prescription for Provigil filled and on the receipt it said "you saved $385.09". The retail price of this miracle drug is $405.09 - I had to pay a $20 copay.

Since I have been working from home there is no telling how much $$ I have saved in gasoline, drycleaning and lunch expenses. Probably not 40% of my current income but it's a big chunk of change nonetheless. You'll see the savings, too. Plus, you won't be wearing yourself out having to get up and ready to go somewhere so early in the morning. I do not miss that one bit. I do miss the social aspect of being around my coworkers but not enough to try to go back into the office!!

Give it some time - you're emotionally and physically exhausted right now. The trip I'm sure was hard on you and the circumstances were not the best. Any change to what you're accustomed to will be difficult to deal with.

Call me anytime - you know I'm up with the chickens - I know you do because we've had some 6:30 AM conversations!!!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Friend2U (03-19-2008), Jodylee (03-19-2008), sugarboo (03-18-2008)