View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 12:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

I just saw Obama's speech too

This is the first time EVER in my life that I have listened to a politician and cried.

I cried for the loss of John F. Kennedy. I cried for the loss of Martin Luther King. I cried for the loss of Robert Kennedy. I cried for what we've done to African Americans in the name of 'race' or 'superiority' or 'finances' or 'cruelty' or 'government'.

I cried for what's been done to our country by people who really DO NOT care about the people who have worked the hardest and have fought the hardest to make this country.

I remember John F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King being killed. I remember the horror and the emptiness and the pain that was felt around this country. I really believe a horrible amount of damage was done to our collective psyche by those days.

I've heard MLK's speeches -- not in person and not in entirety. I've heard JFK's speeches -- not in person and not in entirety.

Today, listening to Barack Obama, is the first time in 4 decades that I've ever heard anyone in government give me the least bit of hope and optimism.

Do you know that 'Barack' is very similiar to a Hebrew name 'Baruch' -- it means 'blessed'. I'm certainly beginning to believe that.

Barb
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DMACK (03-20-2008)