View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 02:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Even though I don't support Obama I admire him

I tend to be conservative. But I have been to a couple of his events and admire the way he has conducted himself in the race and how he has (especially in the early primaries) been able to cross racial lines to garner support from both the white and African American communities

As for you son...I can't imagine how difficult it has been for him. However, try to remind him that he has a unique perspective. He has seen both sides and that makes him (and Obama) able to look at things with a balanced view.

It is no secret that I have been involved in local politics. I was fortunate enough to have support from the African American community. However, I encourage leaders from their community to become active in the community at large because no matter how much I want to understand issues that affect them, I haven't walked in their shoes. It is difficult to fully comprehend those issues when you haven't lived the experiences. That is something your son has. That gives him strength and power.

I haven't seen the speech. I'm hoping to see it this evening. Hug yourself and your son.
GIGI69 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote