View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Everyone!!!

I am overwhelmed by all your prayers and support. Thank you all so much.

I am on the mend now and over the strong pain and almost all of the swelling is gone. It is now dull bruising pain and that's great. I am not supposed to do anything strenuous or lift my right arm above the shoulder for 3 weeks. I am able to use my right arm from the elbow down so I can type and do a few things. The best thing for me is to keep it still because I get some pretty strong muscle spasms if I do too much.

The pacemaker is implanted on my right side, just below the collar bone, above the right breast, in that very thin skin area so it can't heal if there is any pulling or pressure. I am bruised beyond belief and it looks a lot worse than it feels. There is no way I can use my cane since I use my right arm to keep my balance.

I go back to the Surgeon for my follow up, Medtronic check, and Holter Moniter on the 25th. If all goes well, he will release me back to my Cardiologist. My Dad is going to take me.

I just took my first full body shower and I feel so good. That sponge bath stuff is just insane. It was really funny trying to do everything with my left hand. I have flat hair but it sure smells good. LOL

I'm going to nap but thought I would let you all know how much it means to me to have so many wonderful friends. I will be back on the board when I can move my arm better. See you all soon.

Love & Hugs to All Of My Friends

Sandy/BFF/GBA----Thank you so much for posting this for me.

IMAGINE
RRMS - 1992 -- SPMS - 1993
Not on DMD's

Becky21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (03-20-2008), AZjanie (03-18-2008), FlyFishin Momma (03-19-2008), Koala77 (03-23-2008), SallyC (03-19-2008), SandyC (03-18-2008), slskckjebw (03-18-2008)