View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 04:43 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

So you have Flygirl, for your professional assisatnce and me, her unedjumacated sidekick!

I've been gardening about 20 years. I moved in here and curiosity get the best of me. What is all this stuff, coming out of the ground?

I had a mint bed and all kinds of bulbs - COOL! Apple and a pear tree, all kinds of stuff.

Over the years I've tried one of everything.

I am now trying to do most of it as naturally as possible. I compost, so I make my own dirt. I use mostly vinegar and epsome salts because pesticides and that stuff is bad for me, my family and pets, and all the wild things.

One thing I wanted to ask you about was my roses, Flygirl. They're really giving me grief lately. I'm thinking it's what's splashing up on them when it rains that is causing a lot of the black spot and mildew.

What would you suggest as mulch? I usually use shredded cyprus. Is there something better? I was thinking of doing a low ground cover - Dragon's Blood Sedum - instead.
Debbie D (04-14-2008), ewizabeth (03-18-2008), gardengrl (03-14-2009), JessieSue (03-19-2008), southie (03-19-2008), soxmom (03-18-2008)