View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Did you take any classes on how to use Word (the word processing program most transcription companies use?)

Word can be set up for all sorts of things. You can program macros to type out the correct abbreviations, the specific formats that you need to use when doing specific types of reports.

As for the punctuation...I was still having problems with that the last time I was in a transcription class. I need to go back and finish the classes, I left school for a few months to deal with my mom and her knee replacements and her cataract surgeries, and then when I wanted to go back, I got hit with the MS. So, I havent gone back just yet (they also werent offering the classes the last time I went to sign up)

If your teacher is around, see if she can give little punctuation quizzes. My teacher was doing the same thing...in the middle of class, we'd have a pop quiz on punctuation. Sometimes they were easy, sometimes they were difficult. It just takes a lot of practice. When I go back to school, I think I'm going to take an English class that has a lot of instruction on the proper placement of the punctuation.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote