View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 05:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Bubbi ~

I know what you mean about surgery. The thought of it scares me too!

But just think how much better you will be when those knees are taken care of! I know what that pain is like ~ although I can't even get a Doctor to look at my knees right now ~ I put on a bit of weight when I was on Methadone and Neurontin ~ Since I switched to Kadian and went off the Neurontin I've lost some of the weight but not all yet.

I've seen three different Doctors now and they all seem to think if I get rid of the rest of the weight I've gained ~ I won't have any problems with my knees. They don't take into consideration that I fell twice, right smack down on both knees ~ Grrrr!

But that's enough about me ~ I really think once the surgery is over and you've gone through the post-surgical pain that you will feel much better. I know you think it will exacerbate your FM ~ and I don't know enough about FM to say it won't ~ but I think the relief you will get from the knee pain will out-weigh any other pain. Does that make sense?

Also, do you have a good Pain Doc? If so, make sure that you discuss all of these issues before the surgery.

I'm sorry if I wasn't much help ~ but I also wanted you to know I'm thinking of you ~ I remember you from the OBT ~

Love,
dadsgirl