View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 09:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Update: No more phone calls today from the vet! phew! Nina actually walked out half way to my truck before they had to carry her from exhaustion. They were using a sling to asist her. Her tummy is bare! Reminds me of my lab when he was a baby. The ultrasound even said her kidneys were unremarkable for a patient of this age! I wish I could tell her this and she would understand. This is day 4 and she hasn't eaten anything since saturday morning, the flaxseed and cottage chz mix. The vet still believes the flaxseed was just too fatty for her digestive system. I transported her back to the ER tonight. A lady in front of me carried a rolled up piece of rug and was sobbing. When she had gone, of course I had to inquire, they said she was pet sitting for her neighbors and their 14 year old Lab chose that time to die. I still went to the back with Nina and gave her tons of smooches and "how proud I am of You" to her. My little girls kissed her goodnight too. I think the ER has taken a little compassion to my youngens as everytime were in they bring out this black french bulldog named Bob. He reminds me of a gremlin. So cute!
Nina's breathing was very labored when we left and they said that was due to the excertion she mustered just to lie down in her kennel.

I felt good when I left. Her head was up many times to see what all the fuss was about.

Just wanted to update everyone who has tuned in..................
nohope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote