Thread: New meds
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 11:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New meds

I had a six month follow up visit with my neuro. Let me just say that he is wonderful, he listens and answers my questions, he doesn't dismiss my concerns, he's kind and down to earth. I can't say enough good things about him.

I've been having issues with my sinuses on the right side for months now, and increasingly bad headaches along with transient vision changes in my right eye. I had been blaming the headaches on my sinuses, but he believes I've been having migraines. I started having bad headaches two years ago when I had my first flare. I didn't think they were migraines because I wasn't sensitive to light. My neuro said not everyone is light sensitive with migraines. He put me on Topamax. It takes a couple of months to really work in preventing migraines, but hopefully it will help.

I've also had a lot of pain and stiffness in my left leg, starting in my hip and going to my knee, along with worse back pain than usual. He put me on Celebrex for that. He had me go get xrays of the left knee and hip to check for arthritis. I had taken some samples of Celebrex before, and the anti-inflammatory properties just seemed to make me feel better all over.

Lately I've been feeling (and getting around) like an old woman. I'm hoping the ol' joints loosen up a bit before spring so I can get outside while the weather's pretty!
msarkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote