View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 04:02 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Angry Aaarrrggggghhhhhhh!

I HATE it when doctors do this to patients. Throwing out that bogus diagnosis, to you... was a lame attempt on his part to look intelligent. But in reality he
said that only to impress you with his intellect (which must be weak and shaky)

Here is a link to symptoms of Hansen's disease:
http://www.health.state.ny.us/diseas...fact_sheet.htm
http://hlunix.hl.state.ut.us/epi/fac...s/leprosy.html

Do you have skin lesions? Leprosy or Hansen's disease starts in the fingers and toes for initial skin lesions. (not large nerves like the lateral femoral nerve in the thigh).

When my husband was in Vietnam, I visited his family doctor for a minor thing, this was back in 1971. I did not know he was a bum and my husband's family were only using him because he would come to the house for Grandfather.
He took blood (I think I had a sinus infection or the like) and told me I had a serious blood disease! Then gave me a dangerous antibiotic for my infection,
called Chloromycetin (which causes aplastic anemia--and I didn't take) and was taken off the market here shortly thereafter. Needless to say, he did not impress ME with his prognostications...trying to look important. He wanted me to come in twice a week for NOTHING! I am still here, 60 yrs old and do NOT have a blood disease!

This neuro sounds like a piece of work to me! Beware! What he is really saying to you is --"I don't know what is wrong with you". But in reality he threw out that diagnosis and that makes YOU anxious! It is just a power play and basically cruelty directed towards you to make his ego feel better!

Beware doctors' egos!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote