Thread: muscle rigidity
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 07:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy muscle rigidity

I have muscle rigidity so bad some mornings it just makes me want to cry. My shoulder and neck muscles are literally rock solid. My buttocks, periformus, muscle hurts on both sides and I can hardly walk. I don't sleep well anymore, probably because my muscles hurt so much. At work I am so sleepy I can barely make it thru the day. My walk looks a little bit clumsy and my feet frequently run in to each other. I am on Stalevo 150 mg 3 times/day, carbolevadopa 25 mg 3 times a day and mirapex .5 mg 3 times a day. Oh and I am on Cymbalta, 60 mg 1 time per day (What! Me depressed?!)
I need to start doing more studying on pd and meds as I have noticed all you do. I think I am getting worse, but at this point, leave it up to neuro to treat me. My next appt is in April. My feelings, by the way, change daily depending on how much sleep I have had the night before. Yesterday I felt grand.
I am just venting again. But it helps to hear how others respond to my posts. Please let me know what you do to help your rigidity and pd besides just taking meds. Here is what I do:
1. I go to a massage therapist about 2 times a month for a deep tissue massage in back and upper back, neck area.
2. I do stretches in neck and upper back area every morning.
3. I lap swim hopefully 3 times a week.
4. I try to fight my depression by getting engrossed in a hobby I love. Thank god I finally found one after battling depression since forever.
5. I keep working because I need the money, but I think it is good to keep my mind active.
Thanks for listening. I need to go do my morning stretches.
libra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote