Thread: muscle rigidity
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 08:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default how did you learn meditaion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd42 View Post
Been on Ginseng for a week, 250Mg twice a day and it has helped a little, may be placebo, to early to tell.

Exercise helps some.

The only time I can get close is through my daily Lazy-boy meditations. I sit it, fully reclined an pay attention or watch my breathing, sounds I hear, etc. I watch my thoughts as they arise but let them go and don't pursue them (if I can help it) and eventually barring interruption from my cats or phone, I reach a state of mind where I am still aware of my body and mind but free from thought and rigidity. The challenge in getting to that place and not getting angry and frustrated with the rigidity. It's like a strong undertow that pulls me back out. By residing totally in the observation portion of my mind I can usually make it.

It doesn't help me walk better or relieve it when I'm fully awake, but I am conscious enough during the meditation to notice and enjoy the absence of rigidity in my body.

Robert
Hi Robert:
How did you learn to meditate? what is it?
The furthest I got is Yoga physical exercises (video instructions) and breathnig exercise (just breathing).
It sounds great and worth learning only if we know how