Thread: do people
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 05:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Cybil -- Feb.'06 I had to have ~shudder~ surgery to remove a brain tumor, I had all sorts of tests and stuff to check how my brain was working before surgery. Last Nov. I had 4 hours of neuropsych testing given to record my memory, word finding, speech, problem solving, how each hand- left and right- worked, yadda yadda.
When that had been completed by a technician, I was interviewed by a neuropsych for maybe 30 minutes. One of her questions was, "Do you think about suicide?" I answered "Yes". She asked if I was planning on committing it and I said no. She said, "Good. Thinking about suicide and planning suicide and two different things, RIGHT?" We talked very briefly about the differences.
Six months after surgery I had to take the same tests AGAIN and answer the same questions ~groan~.

I agree with Doody that there is such a big difference in thinking, "I'm too wretched to get up. I wish I would die so I didn't have to". and "I'm too wretched to get up. I'm going to kill myself so I don't have to".

We all are happy to answer questions if we can.
jingle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (11-23-2009)