Thread: muscle rigidity
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 12:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Crazy how fascinating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd42 View Post
Been on Ginseng for a week, 250Mg twice a day and it has helped a little, may be placebo, to early to tell.

Exercise helps some.

The only time I can get close is through my daily Lazy-boy meditations. I sit it, fully reclined an pay attention or watch my breathing, sounds I hear, etc. I watch my thoughts as they arise but let them go and don't pursue them (if I can help it) and eventually barring interruption from my cats or phone, I reach a state of mind where I am still aware of my body and mind but free from thought and rigidity. The challenge in getting to that place and not getting angry and frustrated with the rigidity. It's like a strong undertow that pulls me back out. By residing totally in the observation portion of my mind I can usually make it.

It doesn't help me walk better or relieve it when I'm fully awake, but I am conscious enough during the meditation to notice and enjoy the absence of rigidity in my body.

Robert
What an interesting response. So this must be meditation, something I have never tried. I do enjoy my gliding rocker, spend lots of time there when I am not at work or other places. It's a nice concept that I will try, Thank you very much RD.
Also thank you RLS for your concern and suggestions. I have been on muscle relaxants in past and morphine (avinza) for pain and nothing seems to help relieve dystonia. THis is the first time I have called it that, but that must be what it is. It is very painful and unrelenting. I can't even reach my arm out to side without it cramping in my shoulder and neck. I also had botox shots to neck and shoulders and cervical blocks just recently in neck area. I guess my next thing to try is like RD said meditation or possibly acupuncture. I hesitate to try valium because I work and also I do have an addictive personality and have to watch meds like that.
libra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote