View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 02:02 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Signs of a GOOD or BAD neuro.....

I would like you all to do one-liners about what makes up a GOOD or BAD neuro.. I do NOT want this to be a OH MY DOC walks on water, or...He's such a crud kind of thing?
There are qualities I find that constitute good or bad neuros...and their offices... Below are mine...

BAD NEURO:
Call to make a new patient appointment - on hold for more than 2 minutes.
Constantly disconnected.
Show up for an appt. and it's not on record.
Have to wait 2+ weeks as an established patient for a possible urgent problem
Leave msgs w/staff regarding problems and have to call at least 3 times over a 10 working day course.
Doctor really isn't listening to you during the ENTIRE office visit. Accepts outside telephone calls and interruptions for your alloted 8 minutes. YOUR time equals 3 mins, 30 seconds.

GOOD NEURO:
Call to make an appointment on hold maybe 45 seconds appointment is made w/in 2 minutes!
Rarely disconnected.
Always on record for an appointment.
Can make an appointment w/your neuro or one on call or get a call back in urgent situations...
Receive a call back from neuro's office w/in 3 working days for problems.
During Doc appt? You get at least 4 minutes of undivided attention and that the doc asks you questions and you do as well...an exchange...Doc writes notes!
In my case? I have an appt at X time, I arrive before then but usually don't get to see this doc for about an hour after? You know? I don't mind a bit! I know that he is spending time with others who need it more than I do! HE knows I'm organized and will get to the key points and we thrash things out. For me? THAT IS WELL WORTH THE WAIT!
Other qualities good and bad to look out for are welcome? We all need all the help we can - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote