Thread: My HBOT
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 04:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

dreambeliever128,
Its been a while since I've posted so let me answer you both. First, I bought the chamber from an individual who got it from a hospital. It is a Reneau, there were 20 built, I think I have #18. It was very very expensive. Not reasonable for everyone. I don't know how to post a pic, but you can look it up, if interested. I do know that there are portable ones, but I don't know anything about those except for rescue diving applications.

numb, The first 40 dives at 1.5, were in a multiplace chamber, with a hood and 7 other people. I think that 40 dives at 1.5 ata would make any one feel great. But, I had to wean off my drugs. Then I returned to them after the pain returned at just about 8 or 9 months, though no where near the same pain levels. My second series of dives was at 2.4 ata in 100% oxygen chamber, in fact the same model chamber that I purchased. AT, 2.4 ata, I experienced side effects that lasted for about 6 weeks. The results were again great, but I had to begin weaning off the morphine again. With my third series of 40 dives at 2.4 ata, I experienced even more side effects and cut short a few dives and went home. I had made up my mind this trip to buy a chamber. I am completely drug free since October 21, 2007. It was difficult after 18 years to get off them. I now am able to manage my pain with a series occasionally and a few maintenance dives. It is so difficult to go into detail here. As far as I know, I have no adverse permenate side effects. Durring and after the dives I had, frequent urination, some burning pain after the dives and sore ear drums from clearing my ears. The same soreness I experience from underwater diving. If you, or anyone would like to chat send an email with your number and I'll share my experiences or answer more questions. I just know that it works for me. I'd be willing to talk to anyone that is interested. I know that HBOT is expensive, and not everyone can get this treatment, sad to say. Everyone has to weigh there options and do what they think is best from them. I have had RSD since 1989, 15 years, before I began HBOT, so I think my results are amazing. I have heard of people that were pain free after 1 series of dives, but you never really hear if they had to go back. They just kind of disappear. I can only tell you what happened to me. HBOT has been worth it. You should have a physical, chest xray, and a prescription before you get HBOT treatment. Smokers should not dive. Please feel free to ask any other questions. I wish you all the best should you decide to try HBOT again. Diana
DianaA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (03-20-2008), Sandel (03-20-2008)