Thread: Useful Sites
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 10:01 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Bobbi we adopted a child that had ADD. We thought we could help him and was determined to help this child, as we had no other children. before school started I went and talked to the principal and his teacher and explained how
hard it was for him to sit still and to learn. He was put in special education and he acted up most of the time. He only had one friend. Teachers tried not to punish him, but at time he really had to be corrected. It didn't help as this was a form of attention. He was hard to get along with and if teachers informed me, I tried to work with them. Often he would come home with all days work to do at night. So there was no TV. All home work had to be done and turned in or he wouldn't pass. It was a nightmare for us. I dreaded every school year and can't hardly go into a school these days. They tested him and he was smart. I took him to special Dr's and tried all they said to do. Nothing worked for long.

My heart breaks as I hear of a teacher has children in their classroom that only want to act up. Our son dropped out of school at 18. He only got to running with the wrong croud and ended up in prison. he is still there today. I still love him and have gave my best to raise him. Somrbody has to love them. He was always treated me good I rewarded him as much as I could. it is a hard job to raise these children and my heart goes out to every parent that is often blamed for doing the best they could.

I don't believe these children do these things on purpose. Punishment often doesn't work. I believe God gave us the children for a reason, to love and support them. I have often hoped there was something or someone that would help them in life. this is my prayer. Thanks for reading this.
Blessings,
Fancylady