Thread: muscle rigidity
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 09:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evon View Post
I have dealt with painful dystonia and found that the only thing that helped was Sinemet (Levodopa/Carbodopa). In the past year I have had to increase my dosage from 4 25/100 tablets to 7, I also take requip, amantadine and effexor. Exercise makes me feel good especially stretching, hot tubs feel good too. I am going to try the meditation, I'd like to find that peaceful place in my mind. Any more good ideas are welcome.
This dosing is similar to mine. I'm on 6 regular sinemet and 1 CR, which I take at night. I also take amantadine 3x per day and a Celexa. I too find a hot bath and stretching helpful.

Before I was on the sinemet, I would get the dystonia while driving, sleeping, sitting, and many other random times during the day. I could also barely stretch. I felt like I could stretch only to a certain point, but could go more and could never undo the tightness. It was as though my legs wanted to draw up tight against my body, or I wanted to walk around with a short right leg. The other things too that have gone away are the numbness on the right side of my face, the tight band feeling across my chest, hands and stomach, and jaw clenching. After many years of clenching my jaw tight and actually breaking some molars in my sleep, the relief came immediately with my very first dose.

When the sinemet works, it's like gold.

John

Last edited by jcitron; 03-20-2008 at 09:57 AM. Reason: A typo!
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote