View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 10:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've had better weeks, but I can't complain too much. My new medication regimen is working nicely now that I worked out the timing. The change in the clocks two weeks a go through me for a loop. I'll stick to EST (Eastern Standard Time) rather than adjust my dose to the day light savings time we're in now. When I tried changing the time of my medications, I felt worse.

With my new regimen, my piano playing has come back somewhat! This is the best thing for me as it has lifted my spirits tremendously. I've been looking at pieces I haven't played or worked on in ages - like since 4 or 5 years ago! I'm back working on Chopin's Polonaise Fantasie in A-flat Major, his Revolutionary Etude, and Schumann's Fantasie in C-Major (heaven). These are all quite difficult pieces that I gave up on when I couldn't move properly.

The other good news is the nausea has left. It looks like I've gotten used to the new dosage and this was just a passing thing. Thank God because all I wanted to do is close the eyes and sit still.

Over the past few weeks, I've started, or perhaps I've just noticed it, movements of my limbs in relation to my dreams. This could be a medication problem, or hopefully not the sign of something worse. I dreamed of putting something in a plastic bag and woke up to arms moving in that manner. Another dream had me playing the piano. It was the Rondo to a Schubert piano sonata in D-major. I had been reading through the music earlier in the evening, and it was still in my head. My hands were going along with the piano that I was playing in my dreams. I woke up because I moved the blanket and it bumped my face.

My biggest complaint is my fatigue, which I can't seem to break. I am sooooo tired at night I'm a couch potato and go to bed dead. I've been sleeping most of the night, which is good but I get up exhausted. The past weekend I tried to do too much and ended taking Monday off. I didn't even get out of bed except to take my medication, and check into the forums for a little bit in the morning. I think I was up for about two hours total during the day.

Tuesday I felt better and went to work only to run out of steam again by the evening. Wednesday I dragged along. Today I over slept again and I'm totally exhausted. Hopefully I can make it to the weekend when I can sleep during the day. What a waste of a Saturday and Sunday especially with the nice spring weather coming.

My school work has proved to be one more thing to drag me down and I haven't logged into school for the past few nights, which will ruin my grade, but I have no energy to do so. At this point in time, I don't care whether I get a grade or not. I just want to plow through the classes and be done with it. This is no longer fun for me. It's not like I don't like learning something. It's that I am so exhausted going into the classes, that I can't enjoy the learning experience and everything becomes a chore. The extra typing can be tiresome because I find I'm making more typographic mistakes. I spend more time hitting backspace then I do typing the actual paper or question response. The other thing too is I find the information is going in one eye and out the other as though there's no intake. I end up rereading stuff over and over, but it's no use because I don't remember enough sometimes to answer the questions and end up rereading the articles and book again.

Anyway, after the next class, I go on my trip to the Midwest. I can't wait though hopefully the fatigue won't ruin that because I'm looking forward to this trip very much. Besides, I've already paid for it in full along with my plain fare, and there are no refunds on the trip because the space needs to be reserved.

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote