View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 12:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Everyone I know that had nerve blocks with a low dose of heparin for TOS reported good results but I don't know how common the technique is. Steriod shots don't help with TOS pain according to my doctor and I found that to be true. They help my disk problems but not the TOS.

I reduced my side effects from pain meds quite a bit by having most of them put in a transdermal compounded cream that I apply to my skin.

Sitting in a hot tub regularly is good for TOS pain as long as you don't also have RSD. Make sure the whole brachial plexus area is submerged.

Regular aoerbic exercise has been shown in studies to help repetitive strain injury pain and I also found that to help alot although it did take alot of PT for me to find ways I could exercise aeorbically and I did have to work up to it very gradually. I can walk and do some pool exercises. My friend with TOS really does well with the recumbent bikes at the gym

I also do self trigger point work with the clarie davies book

The edgelow protoccol cut my pain quite a bit but how much of it you can do depends on how injuried you are.

I find that doing all of these things have reduced the amount of oral pain meds to the point where most of the time I can think properly. only when I am flared do I have to take enough oral meds to produce brain fog. Before I did all of these things,my pain level was severe enough I was largely bedridden.
lisa_tos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mucker (03-21-2008)