View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 08:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sly,
The professor's response was very positive. She told me "I don't want anything to happen to you, so take care of yourself." "You are a very bright young woman, and you are doing fine in my class, so don't worry." She even said she'd accept my journal late because I didn't know if I was going to be able to get it done last night. (Somehow, I did, but I don't know how.)

Today I am doing a little better (right at the moment) The stupid psychiatrist did not change a darn thing with my medicine for anxiety, and they took my cogentin away awhile back and I think I need that again, but they don't and I was told I was looking for an out. Whatever that means? I am just depressed. In my opinion you shouldn't be a psych if you are going to say that.
It was only by my friend Julie that I was validated and she said "You need to do what's best for you, and if that means quitting school then so be it." Granted, I don't want to quit but if it means getting better, then I guess that's a chance I take. My other two professors don't really know me or want to, so that's the only professor I emailed but again, it is the class that matters really. I just wish the doctor would have listened and done something about my symptoms. The only trouble with ACT is that one must see that doctor to be in ACT. So I don't have a choice in who I see. Otherwise, act has been my salvation so I am not going to give it up.

After the doctor said that, I was about to overdose, but Julie was here. I just don't know. If I am by myself I don't know how I will feel.....or what I will do. Thank God someone has been with me the last few days. Even if the doctor doesn't, there are people who care about me, and i am seeing that both here and in my personal life. Thanks, friends!!! (hugs))

Diagnoses:Right-sided spastic hemiplegia (Cerebral Palsy), Neurogenic bladder, Migraines, GERD, Depression, Borderline Personality Disorder, Raynaud's Phenomenon, and Neurocardiogenic Syndrome
KellyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote