View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb I think...

everyone with a computer that provides important things for you...should have a clone harddrive backup on site. The price has come down to very affordable
levels.

We have one (after we lost a whole system following a tornado -- I had turned off everything, and the next day when I booted up -- a surge ate our surge suppressor and burned out the powerpak of the system which the fried EVERYTHING, the harddrive was not recoverable without mega $$.--- I lost 6mos of work) I still had our old system, that I used to fuel this new system. Now we have a different system, and a back up which we do every night.

When we had major troubles in Dec 07, this system protected everything.
Sometimes I only back up what I have saved, but in Dec we were doing full back ups like mad until we found our problem.

BACK up if your computer holds things dear to you. You can now clone your whole system very inexpensively! All your programs, EVERYTHING!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (03-20-2008), Looking4hope (03-21-2008)