View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 04:34 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

B2 - sounds a lot like where I live. And I mean that seriously. There are some planned communities in my neck of the woods that are doing just that!

One of them is Hidden Springs - http://www.hiddensprings.com/

There are some others but this one is pretty darn nice. There are couple more cropping up that are less expensive, but our weather is pretty moderate - we don't get much snow, just enough to keep us aware that we do live in the high desert, we live in Zone 5 temperature wise, we are at 3500' elevation, very rarely do we see temps above 95 in the summer and that's only in August for a short period of time, and no humidity. If we get above 35 percent, we are complaining.

Earthquakes??? Nope.

Lots of wildlife, but they stay in the mountains, you go to them. Lots of birds. We have Blue Heron that nest in the pond in our back yard. Bald Eagles, hawks of all sorts...

No tornadoes.

Our annual rainfall is 11 inches.

Idaho is a very nice place to live. Low crime rate and a very low unemployment rate.

So, yes, when I read your post, I saw my neighborhood! My community as a whole. Cost of living is good here. Property taxes are average, we do have a 6% sales tax, but Oregon is close by and they do not have a sales tax! LOL!

Anything else you would like to know?

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (03-20-2008)