View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 08:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Peggy et al....

I have completely changed the way I think about my PD since I started testing my blood sugar levels. There is absolutley no doubt in my mind that fluctuating blood sugar/insulin levels are a huge part of the whole problem of living with PD. I fasted last nite from 8pm until I got to the medical lab this morning around 10 for my A1c test. My medication was on in 25 minutes this morning and I've considered 35 a quick start for the last few years. I have had no transition problems today...AND I ate a steak for lunch which didn't interfere with my meds at all. I even had a great big sugar cookie with hard boiled icing on it for dessert! There is good sugar and bad sugar ...just like fats we eat. No dyskinesia for two days, not even a twinge, and today my BS levels have been low enough so that I have not had to take any benzodiazapines!!!!! I am beginning to understand what I can and can't have and how much I can have. Like everett I am stumbling along somewhat ineptly, but am doing so much better in spite of my rudimentary understanding of what is happening when I put this or that in my mouth. It's beginning to look like fat is a very bad thing for those of us with PD and foods that turn too quickly to glucose...you have to get a Glycemic index to see what they are. You have no way of guessing...believe me on that one. You can have your cake and eat it too, but it depends on what the cake it made out of
rosebud is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote