View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 07:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi...I'm New Here Too!

Hello All,

I found this site while googling post concussion syndrome.

Almost three weeks ago, I fell down my stairs, with help from my 11 month old, kamikaze kitty so I've been told , and suffered three broken ribs, a concussion and assorted bumps and bruises. Fortunately I don't remember anything and woke up in the hospital the next day in intensive care and remained in the hospital for 5 days.

I am home and extremely sore from the broken ribs, but what is also bothering me is the symptoms from the concussion. I have a terrible headache that comes and goes, my head seems to be quite "fuzzy", for lack of a better term and I am dizzy and nauseous. I thought the pain meds for my ribs, currently Tramadal, would help the headache, but they don't seem to touch it. There are also times I didn't take the meds to see if that helped with the nausea and dizziness, but it seems unrelated. My Dr, says the pain from my broken ribs as well as the effects of the concussion can last for a number of months.

I am thrilled to have found this site and hope that I will find some helpful information to help me through this.

Thanks for reading and everyone have a great evening.

Best Regards,
Carla
Maiakitas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote