View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 08:35 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

IKEA!!!! You want to hear about my first experience with IKEA??

My husband and I were moving to this apartment 15 years ago. We wanted to buy all new furniture.

We heard of IKEA. We said "oh, it's a big place, all the way out in (whereever the heck it was), it was a long long drive.

We drive up to this HUGE place, and we go in and they give us these big bags to walk around in, and I'm going nuts, picking out this and that.

And we went to the cafeteria and I bought Logenberry juice ( I'll never forget the name of that juice). It was delicious.

So we go to the tables and chairs, and we pick up a beautiful table and 4 chairs, and they tell you to go downstairs and pick up your order. We said to ourselves, "Oh, they want us to take it home, we'll just ask to have it delivered".

Well, we get on line, and we see all the furniture is in pieces. Alan and I had no clue that you had to assemble this. We started laughing our heads off.

You should have seen us lugging this table top and some kind of saddle horse underneath the table thingees. And the chairs were completely unassembed.

I never laughed so hard.

We had a jeep at the time, so everything fit.

But after that, everything we bought had to come ASSEMBLED.

The table was so easy, just open the two saddle horse thingees, plop the table on it and VOILA!!!! I had my kitchen table.

I still have it., Not in my kitchen. I bought a regular full size kitchen set years later, but I still have the table top and the folded up saddle horse thingees (hiding behind my couch).

Their stuff definitely holds up well.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote